Queensland tourism has significantly improved mainly due to the governments efforts to establish the tourism sector as one of the four pillars of the economy. As a result, the number of international visitors increased by two percent thereby increasing the amount of international expenditure to $4 Billion.
Majority of the foreign visitors comprise of Asians with China in the lead in terms of expenditures. The 42,000 additional Chinese tourists spent a total $605 million procuring goods, services, and performing tourist activities in general.
Other than visitors from Asian countries, Queensland tourism also saw an increase of tourists from the United Kingdom and France. The overall growth in international expenditures shows increased confidence in Queenslands tourism sector thereby signaling a momentum that the government is expected to capitalise on for the near future.
What does all of this mean for international visitors?
The rise in international tourism in Queensland just goes to show that both the public and private sectors are working earnestly to improve the state of tourism in the region. Tourists want to know that the hard-earned money theyve saved up over a certain period will be spent on places that they can enjoy or that can provide them with a unique experience, something that would be difficult or even impossible to find in their country of origin.
Fortunately, the Queensland tourism industry has taken this approach. Today, visitors to Queensland can expect a holiday experience like no other. Every dollar they’ll spend on their holiday will definitely have its corresponding value in terms of fun and entertainment.
However, every individual will have their own definition of what is fun and entertaining to them. If you want to ensure that your money is well spent, then you’ll need to find the places that offer the most activities that you prefer.
Here are the top four places we’ve identified that fits that bill
Brisbane is a perfect destination for any type of tourist and for international tourists; its likely to be their first glimpse of Queensland tourism. From stunning white beaches to marvelous nature sceneries, Brisbane is a place where youll be able to find a perfect spot to relax and enjoy some time with the family.
Some of the top attractions in Brisbane are:
- South Bank Parklands is a perfect mixture of beaches, gardens, playgrounds, restaurants and cafs. This is an ideal destination for the whole family.
- Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary is for visitors that want to experience close encounters with Australian fauna. The zoo has koalas, kangaroos, and assortment of birds, reptiles, wombats, and Tasmanian devils to name a few.
- Roma Street Parkland is a majestic park located right in the middle of the city.
Also known as the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, Cairns is a perfect destination for every traveler. In fact, when you visit Cairns, you may not want to go to anywhere else. Besides having one of the best ocean sceneries in the region, Cairns also has an amazing collection of flora and fauna in the rainforests of the Wet Tropics. The area that covers over 900,000 hectares was declared a World Heritage site in 1988. To see the tropical side of Queensland tourism, you have to visit to Cairns!
Some of the best attractions in Cairns are:
- Muddys Playground is a modern park and playground for the young at heart.
- Cairns Esplanade Swimming Lagoon & Esplanade Boardwalk is one of the best-known landmarks in Cairns. Enjoy a variety of activities perfect for travelers of any age.
- Cairns Botanical Garden is a tropical paradise where you can spend days discovering the beautiful flora.
Surfers Paradise is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the whole country and it wont be difficult to determine exactly why when you visit. Over the past few years, the tourism sector in Surfers Paradise has invested heavily on infrastructure and other activities that can entice tourists to visit the city. As a result, the tourism industry has continued to flourish. If you really want value for your money, then Surfers Paradise will be the perfect destination. A tour of Queenslands tourism offering isn’t complete without visiting Surfers Paradise!
Some of the best tourist attractions in the city are:
- Infinity Attraction Yes, this may be a shameless plug but we are ranked #6 on Trip Advisor! Visit us and journey through a maze that challenges all of your senses like no other place on earth can do.
- Surfers Paradise Beach is the reason why Surfers Paradise became in icon in Australian tourism.
- Skypoint Climb & Observation Deck Challenge yourself by climbing one of the country’s highest external building walks to get a 360 degrees view of Surfers Paradise and the majestic ocean.
Noosa is a great place to unwind, relax and regenerate your strength during your holidays. With pristine rivers, luscious gardens, stunning beaches, and the most remarkable coastline, every dollar you spend in the region will be returned with ultimate relaxation, fun, and excitement.
Some of the best attractions in Noosa are:
- Noosa National Park – provides spectacular coastline scenery. It is also a safe haven for a variety of animals including the koala, black-cockatoo and wallum froglet.
- Noosa Main Beach – is a great place to relax and enjoy the warm ocean waters. It is perfect for those who are looking for places that are not too crowded.
- Tewantin National Park – provides breathtaking views of nature. You will need to go on a 30-minute walk to get to the lookout areas.
If you’re planning a Queensland holiday in the near future, make sure you visit the destinations where you’ll find exactly what you were expecting, or even more. Queensland tourism promises the perfect holiday experience. Make Queensland your primary destination and it may even turn out that you’ll spend more time than you had planned.